Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week 9 - Task 1

One of the most important decisions that must be made during life is that of choosing a career.  For any people, salary is a key deciding factor when deciding what their profession and focus will be.  But the people who are often happiest with their jobs are the ones that truly love what they do.  Going to work each day isn't something that they dread doing, rather it is something that they look forward to and enjoy.  Some people are never lucky enough to discover what this profession would be for them, instead they slave a way in cubicles counting down the seconds from 9am until 5pm when they get to go him.  I however, feel incredibly fortunate to have found a career and major that I truly love, Marine Biology.  
Although it took me until my freshman year of college to discover that Marine Science was my true passion, the formation of my love for the subject began when I was just a baby.  From the beginning of having my crib attached to my family's sailboat when I was a baby all the way to my transfer to UCSD in Fall and my work at the Marine Mammal Rescue Center, my love for the ocean and it's inhabitants is a long standing theme throughout my life.  I intend to explore where my passion has led me by examining the process of how I reached the level that I am at today.  By reviewing the formation of my love for Marine Biology, I have been better able to appreciate how far I have come and how far I will go.  I have been blessed to discover a field for which I have so much passion, and I look forward to sparking a similar reaction in others.  


Photobucket

2 comments:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. I think you should just use the second paragraph, not the first (too impersonal/unfocused). Beyond that, shouldn't your "intro" also give the reader a sense of how you organized your portfolio, what to look for, how to provide feedback, and how to navigate the site? So to be honest I think this still needs a lot of work!

Scott Lankford said...

Actually, I realized this posting is worth a full 50 points (whooo hooo)! While I'm re-reading, however, allow me to make another suggestion: is there some kind of overarching narrative or story or thread or tale which makes the "journey" through your ePortfolio hang together?